RE: Electrical Distribution For The Shop

There have been seemingly endless discussion about how to electrify the shop.

There is a product manufactured by GE called LW Busway.

Available from any franchised GE distributor.

It is offered in a 3Wire, 250V, 30A configuration in 10 ft lengths.

Using a center tap box and two (2), 10 ft lengths of busway, it is possible to wire either two (2) 120/240V, 30A circuits which automatically provides four (4) 120V, 30A circuits, in a 20 ft space.

Mounts overhead or on the wall.

If you move, take it with you.

A little more expensive than pipe, wire and receptacles initially, but the convenience and flexibility make it worth the investment IMHO.

SFWIW, yes I,m biased. I once sold the stuff. Had a customer that bought it by the mile.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett