FS 1/2 off sale and ebony planes.

off bench planes plus shipping for 2 days only. (Last time I got so swamped I am still catching up) premium woods are regular price. Bench planes are smoothers jack, jointers. I may do a deal on the oddballs but email me first.
I have 2 anniversary plane left. This is the last I will be selling of them this year. These prices are not off but still a great deal. They are signed and dated and have a special stamp. Here are a few pictures. Email for prices and options.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/mjointer.jpg
This is a Madagascar ebony jointer with a choice of white oak tote or this D handle tote. The D handle can use some sanding but that's work I can't do. 180.00 Plus shipping.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/mrazeesmoother.jpg
Here is a cute razee smoother. It is 10" long and set at 55 degrees. This is a first for me. I forgot to make it coffin shaped but if you want it that way I can change it. 150.00 plus shipping.
Not anniversary planes. I have 4 Madagascar ebony coffin smoothers I have wood for.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/4thsmoother.jpg
The wood I think will be darker then the one pictured. I will have one finished today or Monday for a current picture. 140.00 Plus shipping.
Knight Toolworks in conjunction with Harrolson at www.japanesetools.com have had these custom made Japanese irons made for western planes. These are the first and only hand forged/laminated Japanese irons that will fit a regular wedged plane. They are 2" wide and 5.25" long and are a bit over " thick. They will drop into any knight Toolworks plane that uses a 2" iron with just a little mouth and wedge adjustment. They are made from blue steel (holds and edge longer then pretty much any tool steel on the market) and wrought iron. I believe these to be the best irons out there over O-1 and A-2 irons. They will hold an edge longer then A-2 they will get sharper they will leave a deeper/cleaner surface and they make the plane easier to use. They will really help with tearout too. They are hand stamped with Shizu Tani (tranquil valley) Shipping is 5.00 including insurance.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/jironcoffin.jpg
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/graphics/japaneseupgradeirons.jpg
All planes now have finger grips and brass set screws to adjust the fit of the iron. Rock maple Purpleheart Cocobolo at an extra cost is also available. Padouk Please check my page for all my planes www.knight-toolworks.com
I also have razee jointers and jack planes and scrubs. http://www.knight-toolworks.com/wooden.htm I have great looking/feeling coffin smoothers
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/graphics/coffin.jpg
All planes now have setscrews to center the irons in the body and make adjusting the iron easy.
All planes are sanded/planed and finished with a special oil and wax finish.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
I think you are about the only person I have seen in this group that is "allowed" to post spam without getting the "rec.woodworking.hammer" dropped on your head. ;)

Well, he does add a lot ! Most folks just hit us up with a for sale lisy and contribute nothing. Keep on Steve!

snip David P wrote:

I see the smiley, so I'll just point out that spam is UNWANTED, Steve's stuff is more like lusted after. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

I've had trouble adjusting the skew in one of your smoothers which was the pre-setscrew design. Tapping the iron from side to side just moves it from side to side without changing the skew. I think your set screw mod is intended to change that, no?
It occured to me that simply tapering the mortise for the iron, so that it is slightly wider at the top than at the bottom, might suffice.
--

FF

yes that's why. it is easy to add to a already built plane. i can give you instructions if you want.

so it presses down more but does not mash as much on the shoulders. and second the inside body with varies a little bit sometimes if i can't get the full 1 7/8" width out of the wood. and if it is smaller then the tapered slots would not work.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:47:03 GMT, Steve Knight

snip
Sent you an email Steve
Traves
On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 03:11:44 -0500, Traves W. Coppock

I should have said 2 business days. hell I forget what day it is sometimes.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes