Freud SD608 Compatibility with General International 50-185LBuilder Saw?

Are you using the Freud SD608 with a General International 50-185L Builder's Saw? If so, I would appreciate any comments you may have on this subject.

Thank You

Reply to
palekaiko

I don't have the General saw, but I do have a Freud SD608. Have you ever put a dado blade (any type) on the General saw? If you have, then the SD608 should fit OK as it doesn't require much more room, except for the adjustment knob, but that's on the arbor nut side of the blade where there's always extra space. On the arbor side, the center of the SD608 has a small step in it and there are 3 (6-32?) nuts that stick out, requiring about 3/8 inch of total clearance. I use a 5/16 inch spacer, putting it on the arbor first, to account for this. Switching the SD608 from right to left tilt or back requires you to exchange the centers of the 2 outside blades. It's easy to do. There are 3 bolts that hold the centers in the blades that must be removed to do this.

Reply to
Charley