French Door with side lights install question

I will start looking, but I am surprised you can find someone to do yours locally.
--
Jim in NC

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:58:08 -0500, "Morgans"

Just remember that the doors at the BORGs are only a teeny percentage of the price the finish carpenters want for their installed set. Custom is far nicer, but you really pay for it.
Borg $350-700 (ltd choice) Local guys $2,500-25k (for far more choices and far more door)
-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Morgans wrote:

Yes. http://rentmyhusband.biz / California General Engineering A License

had to make it fit in the window location. I do both. Damaged doors = slab Damaged jam or broken = Pre Hung. But have replaced Jams on the bad side.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

door that closes last. That way, it will still close, but the gap will be small at close.
--
Jim in NC

Did you install with the doors still in place? You can open up a whole can of alignment worms if you remove the door/doors prior to attaching the unit in place.
If all else fails you might try cutting the hinge mortises a bit deeper.
Leon wrote:

No, installed unit with doors in place. There is wood to plane but only want to use that option if all else fails.

Rich wrote:

Was the rough opening at least that specced for the door?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

doors that open with screens I've installed.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Where are they fitting tightly? Sides or top/bottom? Have you waxed or siliconed the rubber yet? Have you made sure that you aren't bowing the frame in with shims? (This is far too easy to do. DAMHIKT) Are both doors tight separately, or just together? Are you sure that the frame isn't skewed in the opening (rhombus), which would make one doors bind on the top and the other bind on the bottom? (and probably the sidelights, too.)

Steel doesn't plane easily, of which I'm sure you're aware.

Hey, we can be, too. That's plumb and jamb, for next time. ;)
-- Threee days before Tucson, Howard Dean explained that the tea party movement is "the last gasp of the generation that has trouble with diversity." Rising to the challenge of lowering his reputation and the tone of public discourse, Dean smeared tea partiers as racists: They oppose Obama's agenda, Obama is African-American, ergo...
Let us hope that Dean is the last gasp of the generation of liberals whose default position in any argument is to indict opponents as racists. This McCarthyism of the left -- devoid of intellectual content, unsupported by data -- is a mental tic, not an idea but a tactic for avoiding engagement with ideas. It expresses limitless contempt for the American people, who have reciprocated by reducing liberalism to its current characteristics of electoral weakness and bad sociology. --George Will 14 JAN 2011 Article titled "Tragedies often spark plenty of analysis"
Larry Jaques wrote:

customer happy. I agree with your above signature.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Rich wrote:
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/evodawg/French%20Door /
Heres a picture of the French Door Installed that I had some question on. Everything went fine, had to shave down one doors upper corner a bit. The House is not all plumb but what house is? That was a bit of a problem to, getting the doors to set together on the same plane. Customer is happy. But the drywall R&R should be fun. This job was a result of water damage. Rain in Southern California 3 weeks ago. When we were getting 4" a day for a week.
GEEESH!!! The door unit is sitting on top of a giant humidifier!!
You gonna' have trouble with that one!. Leave lots of slack or come back...LOL
Rich wrote:
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/evodawg/French%20Door /
Heres a picture of the French Door Installed that I had some question on. Everything went fine, had to shave down one doors upper corner a bit. The House is not all plumb but what house is? That was a bit of a problem to, getting the doors to set together on the same plane. Customer is happy. But the drywall R&R should be fun. This job was a result of water damage. Rain in Southern California 3 weeks ago. When we were getting 4" a day for a week.
On 1/18/11 11:13 PM, Josepi wrote:

It's not "on top of" anything but a concrete slab. If you're talking about the hot tub that appears to be a good 3-4 feet away, you, as usual, are spewing gross exaggerations and complete BS.
How is an exterior door designed to withstand constant exposure to water going to be at all effected by the minimal amount of steam that might be blown by a breeze towards it, instead of rising straight up from the hot tub?
How is that little amount of condensation somehow worse than a driving rain?
What about that light fixture? He better be careful it doesn't "explode," huh?
--

-MIKE-

Maybe capillary action works differently where he is. The water would wick up through the spa liner, across the concrete and into the door. The dangerous part is when it doesn't stop there and ends up in a faucet in the house. That's why some of them drip constantly.
Our feet were neither good not bad and since some have classified them as such, we went to the metric system to avoid the confusion of easier to understand measurements.
We also don't believe our humifity works by capiliary action.
We also try to understand the words that are written, although sometimes miscontrue them for real people's words.
Maybe capillary action works differently where he is. The water would wick up through the spa liner, across the concrete and into the door. The dangerous part is when it doesn't stop there and ends up in a faucet in the house. That's why some of them drip constantly.
On 1/18/11 11:13 PM, Josepi wrote: GEEESH!!! The door unit is sitting on top of a giant humidifier!!
You gonna' have trouble with that one!. Leave lots of slack or come back...LOL