Framing nailer, which one???

Page 2 of 2

As a contractor who does framing, I've been through Hilti, senco, duofast, and bostich. I now use the Hitachi. They shoot most brand nails with no problem. Local code doesn't allow clipped head fwiw. I have 5 of them and have yet to have any problems with my oldest one which is 6 years old now. I buy mine at the borg but amazon is about the same price. Make sure to get the one with the flush nail attachment. Also from the fwiw dept, I've had trouble with the Hilti. I understand they don't make them anymore. Good choice on their part. They were junk. Also have had probs with the bostich (it actually broke in three different places). Never again. We still have the senco but the guys prefer the hitachis. The duofast was a good (but heavy) machine. I think they quit using it back in the 80's. Good luck. SH
I have the Hitachi FRH nailer. Great nailer. It's an older model still set up to bounce-fire only. The newer ones have selectable fire without replacing the trigger. Nails available everywhere.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Elmar) wrote in message

Senco, Hitachi ( more expensive but a quality tool) Porter Cable are some of the guns I have used. The Porter Cable tends to double shoot, at least the older models I have used. I only use full round head nailers, most of the areas I worked in are prone to hurricanes and gale winds. Local building code specifies full round head nails. The only advantage to the clip heads is the magazine holds more nails, fewer stops to reload.I would reccomend the Senco or Hitachi.
mike