Framing nailer, which one???

Senco, Hitachi ( more expensive but a quality tool) Porter Cable are some of the guns I have used. The Porter Cable tends to double shoot, at least the older models I have used. I only use full round head nailers, most of the areas I worked in are prone to hurricanes and gale winds. Local building code specifies full round head nails. The only advantage to the clip heads is the magazine holds more nails, fewer stops to reload.I would reccomend the Senco or Hitachi.

mike

Reply to
mike

That's a problem with your technique. If you hold it down and keep the trigger depressed its going to multiple fire and jam. I used to do that with a Paslode when I was a rookie. I have done it with my HF, but usually when I have it in an awkward position.

The HF is so close to the Porter Cable I was considering buying their trigger kit (to avoid double fires) and seeing if it would fit.

First rule of all pneumatic nailers. Hold body parts further than the distance of the nail. I've got Sencos otherwise and the nails will travel sideways now and then because of the grain. I certainly don't think its the guns fault.

Reply to
p_j

I've got a great xray of, er, "someone's" left index finger with a framing nail from a Senco nailgun in it. It doubled, the second nail hit the head of the first nail, and went flying at least 6-8 inches into the tip of the finger. Went in lengthwise, missed everything important. All things considered it could have been much worse. Hasn't doubled before or since, though.

Reply to
Dave Hinz