4 in One Woodmaster

Does anyone know about this machine or even better do you have one. What are the pro's and con's? I am looking at a 25" but need some confidence to be sold on it. Appreciate any input.

Thanks George

Reply to
Frosty Thunder

i have a woodmaster 18" - i routinely use it for drum sanding, planing, making moulding. haven't used it yet as a gang rip saw yet but i'm sure it'll work great. it's a very solid machine.

the 25" is a HEAVY beast and has a 7.5HP single phase motor - so make sure you can power it.

i have only good things to say about my woodmaster, it was well worth every penny and has already paid for itself easily.

--- dz

Frosty Thunder wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret

I use it for the drum sander and occasionally for the planer when i have largers projects. Think it is well worth the money and is a very well made machine.

Reply to
Bob Heveri

because of the quality of the machine as a planer, i now only go for rough-sawn wood. i have stacks of it in my shop, and just tonight i took five 10' boards down from rough sawn to 7/8", clean as can be. i can feed a 10' thick hard maple board (60 lbs? 80?) in, it hangs off the end of the machine, the machine sucks it in and doesn't budge. it's heavy and solid. the planer head itself is solid steel, must weight 75 lbs. they have a knife exchange program which makes it simple to keep sharp knives in the thing.

the infinitely variable feed speed is super helpful - if i start to detect or hear any chipout, i can dial it down and stop the damage.

--- dz

Bob Heveri wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret

sorry - i have no boards that are 10' thick. 10' long, 12" wide, 1.5" thick or so.

don't i wish.

David Zaret wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret

Prolly not a good wish. 10' thick would be one helluva resaw.

Charlie Self "A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

it would be quite a challenge. perhaps then i'd regret getting only a

16" bandsaw.

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret

Your comments and many others like it have prompted me to save my money a bit more determinedly for one. I sold my Delta lunchbox planer last fall, and am aiming for a Woodmaster 718 to replace it.

Jon E

- out of lurk for a moment

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

I have worked in a shop that had two of the 25" models. By far the best combination machine I have seen. I did not get a chance to use it much myself, except for planing rough stock.All the features on these machines live up to their hype.One of these days I will sell my planer-molder ( 13" jet ) and buy the 18" model. mike

Reply to
mike