Framing nailer

Page 2 of 2

And you believed him? :-)

You can't, even if you try. They won't fit in the gun. But the bigger issue is clipped head vs. full head: if you try to shoot full-head nails in a clipped-head gun, you'll damage the gun.

Thanks much. Appreciate it. Back to the old Depot.
JC
On May 18, 12:28pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Not always.
My Paslode fires clipped or round.
(Doug Miller) wrote:

Not always.
My Paslode fires clipped or round.
AND IIRC nothing was said about clipped head nails in the first place.

My bet is next time you will be sure before you leave to store! You can not trust the droids at most any home store. Greg

Yeah - sometimes they are no better than the droids that come in there expecting them to know everything that they themselves don't know. Bet it said right on the box, the proper nails to use in the gun. Bet that wasn't enough...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Asking someone who works in a hardware store is the wrong approach if you don't know yourself? Expecting people who do something for a living to know what they're talking about is a poor policy? I grant you that believing what anyone at Hell Depot says is a long shot, but that's more about how poorly that company is run than it is about this particular customer's wisdom.

You pose a good point. I should have phrased my response better. Yes - I do believe those people should be knowledgeable to some high degree. That said, tools like that specify the proper nail. They even typically put it on the box. I don't dismiss the obligation of a store to hire, train and maintain educated staff, but at the same time, I don't dismiss the obligation of the buyer to assume the most basic of responsibilities. Such as... read the box.