framework for bay window unit, newbie to woodworking

I'm fairly new to this woodworking stuff, and have started building out of necessity (wife wants stuff). I've drawn up some rough plans for a bay window seat/storage unit that she wants this time. I know what I want the outside to look like, my only problem is building the internal skeleton. Here's the dimensions I'm looking at.

79" wide 21" high 36" deep

the front 18 inches will be shelves and cupboards, the rear will be storage space with some sort of lid. We'll be putting removable cushions on the top of it for seating. I've got a few bits that I haven't a clue how to put together, or what kind of joints I should use. For the framework, I've decided on 2X2" for the vertical parts of the frame, and 1x2" for horizontal parts. Spaces will be filled in with something around 2-3 mil thick, or 18 mil MDF where I need to mount shelves or doors. In several places, my designs call for 4 pieces of 1X2 to connect to a piece of 2X2 and I'm not sure what type of joint I should use to get the strongest joint without wobbling. Remember, I'm new to this, and while I can practice to my heart's content, I want to get this project done.

-thegalorin

Reply to
Mr Galorin

For some other reading material try this list of links realted to window seats:

Woodworker