Found a Treasure Trove of Plans!

I found an incredible source for woodworking plans - www.WoodcraftPlans.com - yound fellow with nearly 700 full-size plans. He's got over 30 mission furniture plans, rocking horse patterns, indoor and outdoor furniture, unique projects -- just amazing stuff. Thought you all might like to know.
Ben's my Name - Woodworkin's my Game!
Ben, it's a nice site like you said, but please don't insult everyone's intelligence by pretending you aren't involved with them.
You didn't "find" an "incredible source for woodworking plans". At least, that is, not until after you paid for the domain name.
Your name comes up as owner of at least one other plans site (all I bothered to check), and the owner of WoodcraftPlans.com happens to have the same last name as you, and uses the same service provider as you, which happens to be a small local ISP in Vandalia, Ohio. You even list your huge variety of site names on at least one of them that I bothered to check.
If you want to spam a Usenet group, you have to either put your cards on the table and say you have good stuff at your site that we'll be interetsted in, or get a lot more sophisticated about hiding your identity. We've seen this, ohhhh, maybe 6 million times before. You're not being clever and original here.
Sure gives the impression of dishonesty though.
Regards, Mike
On 20 Sep 2003 08:59:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@coax.net (PlanMaker) wrote:

Hey Mike, you know what I did? I copied the photos, put them in my Photoshop program and then enlarged the pictures and I had free plans to work off of.
Thanks, Ben for a great site for ideas to build "stuff". Muff

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
Hey - Found a treasure trove of tools...Oh never mind....
Cheers,
Rob

In article
ROFL!
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

out of the shop and said. . .:

snip
well c'mon Rob,,,make with the URL...oh, wait...NM its right there in my favorites folder! lol
*BSEG*
Traves
Grow up.

Photoshop
of.
I thought this post stunk a little.
A little bit like processed and canned meat.
Rick

Hey Ben, $10 for a bench plan that consists of bolting a few 2x4's together and calling it a 'Woodworker's Bench'???
"Detailed plans make it fool-proof." Only a fool would order these......
I sure hope you don't 'plan' on making a living off of this site. Don't spam us as if we are idiots.                     Mark's my name-                     Your site's lame!
PlanMaker wrote:

Do you think we are stoooopid? Start off with the handle "Planmaker' and go from there.
Second error is writing a post that sounds like ad copy from Ladies Home Journal. Every nitwit spammer does that. Be creative.
Only thing you have achieved is getting ridicule from the people you hope will support you. What you could have done is just joining in the posting of the newsgroup, helped others with questions, and participate in general. Maybe then we would have a different attitude when your sig line shows your commercial web site. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
says...

You know, seeing the number of "marketers" that try this stunt makes me wonder if there isn't a marketing manual, brochure, or book out there entitled, "Expand your market share using the internet" or some such that counsels these folks to post to Usenet with the wide-eyed, just fell off the turnip truck, "gooollly, loookeee what I found!" posting style. Too many nitwits^H^H^H^H^H people try this approach for them to have all made it up on their very own.

I thought having a child is amazing stuff.
48" tall reindeer plans don't make my cut as amazing. Sorry...
Stephen R.