Forged Craigslist scam checks

Page 5 of 6
On Apr 18, 1:58am, Ignoramus14774 <ignoramus14...@NOSPAM. 14774.invalid> wrote:

Take the check and the envelope it came in to the post office and tell them you want to speak to the postal inspector. Mailing a bad check is a federal crime. The postal inspectors are real cops, and they DO collect on this sort of stuff.
Dave Sobel told me that the ONLY ways to pay him are to either put cash in his hand or mail him a check, for that very reason. He said that he had great success with the post office cops collecting on bad checks.
p.
What seems annoying to me is that with today's technology, banks should be able to verify a check and instantly transfer funds. I can use my debit card at a store, get approved in a couple of seconds, and it show up on my account that day.
RogerN

They can do transfer funds with a check also. What cannot be done is to verify if the check or your debit card was stolen. I can prove it. Send me your debit card (FedEx or courier) and I'll make a purchase with it. This is, of course, for testing purposes only.
RogerN wrote:

Which is why we shouldn't even be using checks.... ever.
Especially in front of in line. :-)
--

-MIKE-

No cash either... only debits via scans of embedded chips will keep the criminals away. ;~)

They should be implanted in your right hand or forehead!
RogerN

In the forehead... that way the retina scan will be able to verify the identify at the same time. ;~)
">>>

Christian and all his like minded consertive buddies

LOL

I have had 2 of these in a week on an $800 item. The last one I e mailed and said I did not quite understand his e mail. Would he send me his phone number. That took care of it. No reply. I knew they were a scam. WW
The local cops and the postal inspectors don't have time for this stuff. staple the check to a wall in the shop, and collect more! It gets more fun when they threaten to call the police if you don't send the "remittance". Torment the pricks, it's fun. Make them waste their time by asking them to mail confimation of bank numbers and addresses, get a phone number you can call collect.

From a satellite phone. LOL
JC

While wasting your own time. I'd ratehr work in the shop or pet my dog or talk to my wife or...
Bored Borg wrote:

It's much more fun to reverse the offer:
"You wire the money to me and I'll send you a certified check as change."
this just in - Generalimiso Franko is still dead...
Good day , My name is Edward,I am a United States Citizen from the States of Illinois,but i am always away from the US for most parts of the year on business.I am a dealer in Used and Accidented automobiles and trucks.What i do is source for used and accidented cars on auction sales from within the united states ,buy them after due negotiations and then make payments for them for onward shipment to their various destinations for resale at a much higher profit making margin mostly in Europes, and asian where there is a very large and growing market for used cars. At the moment i have about 2000 accidented cars that i need need to make the payments for before the cars can be shipped over to the destinations where they are needed,but owing to the nature of my job which demands my having to globe trot,I need person that can assist me in mailing out the payment by cheque to my various sellers under my account and also mailing letter out letters. I`ll teach the person how to make it out and $500 is the salary for two week. You will be working two to three hours every three days in a week. Please contact me if you are really serious bout this Job. Regards, Edward. God Be with You.

Scary part is that there are people who fall for this. Franko dead? Really? ;-)
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Yeah, even with that bit about "accidented cars". Please tell me that people aren't *that* stupid.

Yeah. LOL. Just the other day I wanted to buy an accidented car.

I never knew the market for accidented cars was so big. I have a better suggestion. We pool our money, buy some accidented cars to sell at big profit in Europe, then split the profits. I'll handle all the paperwork, so just send me $250 each so we can get started buying accidented cars. Be sure to give me your correct return address so I can send you the profits once they are sold.
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:22:08 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:

I've already got one :-).