Folding screen

I'm thinking about making a decorative folding screen & was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the dimensions I'm considering. I'm thinking of building each section to 2'x6' using a 3/4 in. thick oak frame and a suspended canvas panel, with 1/4 in. thick oak latticework on each side of the panel for decoration & to help brace the frame. My question really relates to the frame thickness - does 3/4 in. seem thick enough to be sturdy at 2'x6'? Thanks for any feedback!
If your screens are for sale, 16" X 60" is a pleasing proportion and 3/4" material will work fine.
--
Rumpty

If you do a Goggle search for images, hundreds of screens will come up and the dimensions for many will be given. I would try that.

Norm's gonna build one next week. Maybe you can get some ideas from it.
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0402
On 9 Jan 2004 19:53:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brandon) wrote:

-------
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke

Brandon: I'm in the middle of building one now. The basic design is southwestern, with panels at 18x61 (don't ask). It's white oak, with a short panel of salt cedar sticks above, fabric in the center, and a wooden frame and panel lower section. I'm using 3/4" oak and it's just fine, but be careful to make the joints tight--there isn't a lot of glue surface on something like this. I'll send you a picture if you email.
Bob Schmall
The Japanese Woodworker catalog has at least one publication on making screens. If you don't want to purchase a book you can probably review it at a well equipped library. Regards, Windy Wood