Flat panel thickness for interior doors

I am having some interior doors built 1 3/8" thick with a shaker-style flat panel. They are spec'ing 1/4" ply for the panels, but that seems thin to me. Any opinions?
Yup. The original doors in my house (1860ish) are in that style, about that thickness and have 3/8-1/2 panels
1/4" seems a bit light to me.
-Steve

I have 1 1/2" thick interior doors custom made for me with a single flat panel as you describe. They used 3/4" plywood for the panels. They are heavier than standard doors. Consider the weight of whatever panel you choose when selecting hinges.
Matthew Roche wrote:

1/4 is ok for cabinet doors, but for passage doors, you would want at least 1/2.
3/4 is better - that's what I'd want.
If you are having them built, tell them what you want - don't accept anything less. It should not be a big deal to the shop and the material cost is (almost) insignificant.
Lou

Any suggestions on cost-effective sources for VG fir flat panel doors?