Fixing broken "slide rails" on a dining room table with inserts?

During festivities related to the New Year we have managed to break our dining room table. Two of our friends were sitting on the table with both leaf inserts in. Next thing...BOOM. The "slide rails" holding the table together broke and the table fell apart in 4 pieces (2 outside ends, 2 leafs). The table is not usable in this state, as is evident. Is this a self repair? I have scoured for these "rails" to no avail. Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You and Happy New Year!!
On 3 Jan 2004 14:39:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (EMF) wrote:

Yes, you can (probably) fix it yourself:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/search_results.cfm?filter=table%20slide&objectgroup_idF0
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&page@139&category=3,43586,43593
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02311790 /
http://www.northlandfurniturerestoration.com/images/forsale/furncare/tableparts.htm?ref=goto
Be careful not to use screws that are too long or they will poke through the table surface! Been there, done that. :-(
HTH Mike

You will either have to make new rails or buy them from the manufacturer of the table. Things like that are not a "stock item" for a home repair or furniture store. It may be possible to glue them and re-inforce them but not seeing the items it is not possible to tell.
There may have been two people sitting on the table, but they sure were not friends. Ed
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

My thoughts exactly, especially if I made/bought/paid for the table.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/04
On 3 Jan 2004 14:39:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (EMF) wrote:

Your parties sound fun! <G>

Could you post a photo of the rails to alt.binaries.photos.woodworking?
I'll bet some different rails could be attached to some hardwood runners and mounted up.
Barry