Protect carpet from dining room table

Hi All
Is it feasable to protect a carpet from the legs of my dining room table?
Thanks
Alec
On 04/03/2013 15:35, alec green wrote:

Yes, if you suspend the table from the ceiling! <g>
--
Cheers,
Roger

Castor cups: http://tinyurl.com/cf959e7
--

Chris

You will still get a mark on the carpet.
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 17:14:20 -0000, "Mr Pounder"

Agreed, but wet the patch and rough it up and it will recover. Castor cups do significantly reduce the actual wear, from which the only recovery is to cut out the mark and replace with a fresh patch of carpet from the roll of left-over bits in the loft.
--

Chris

Now then, now then. Cut up bits of the left over carpet, double them and stick it under the legs of the table. I'm not too sure about cutting and patching a carpet.

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:27:31 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

Which will be the orginal colour, not the faded/dirty colour. B-)
--
Cheers
Dave.
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 17:14:20 -0000, Mr Pounder wrote:

You get less of a mark with the spiked ones. Longer the spikes the better.
--
Cheers
Dave.

I think the problem is usually due to the underlay being too soft and then the carpet backing stretches or fails - leaving a crater.
On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 09:10:32 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

This is true but cups with spikes don't let the leg crush the carpet and underlay to the same extent. Thus the backing is less likely to get stretched.
--
Cheers
Dave.