Sun damaged table top

Hi

My dining room table has become light damaged by the sun through the window after leaving placemats on the table for a peiod of time. Short of placing the mats is the same exact place everytime - what can I do?

Many Thanks

Alec

Reply to
alec green

In message , alec green writes

Angle grinder and blowtorch

Reply to
geoff

Best moved outside first.

Alternative would be a tablecloth - unsuitable for messy eaters like me

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

No problem if it's a plasticised wipe-clean one.

Reply to
Roger Mills

What's the table made of? If it's solid wood, it can be sanded down and re-varnished. If it's veneered chipboard, you'll probably get to the chipboard before you've removed the stains. In that case, I suppose you may be able to stick some new foil-backed veneer on top of the existing stuff. The edges may present a bit of a challenge, though.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Nothing. Literally.

If you just keep the mats off the table, the lighter areas will tend to catch up with the darkened areas.

Might never be perfect but the difference will slowly reduce.

Reply to
polygonum

True. I left placemats and candlesticks on a newish pine table next to a big window, didn't close the curtains, and went away for the summer. The colour difference was startling when I returned. Leaving the table bare and in full sunlight eventually caused the light areas to darken just like the rest of the piece.

Reply to
S Viemeister