finishing with poly

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get rid of air bubbles in the poly? No matter how many coats, or what kind of brush I use, I can't get rid of them and they turn into ugly pits in the finish.

If you must brush poly, use a brush that doesn't have flagged bristle tips. Put it on a bit on the thick side and use slow strokes with minimal overlap.
Use wipe-on poly?
Al wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Jeff Jewitt suggests Viva paper towels as they don't have a texture.

The only way to eliminate bubbles in poly is to use shellac.
Then use spar varnish.
Only crackers use poly.
Cracker wanna poly?
seriously, Abe
plaid wooddoctor and bon vivant
Abe Normranson wrote:

I'm sure I just read something that said to use a hair dryer on the bubbles but can't remember where. Unless you (or I or anyone) have had a lot of experience it has to be smart to treat a couple of chunks the wood you are using the same as you are treating the finished product and then you have something to experiment on when the results are surprising.
Josie

I've got an old book called the Furniture Doctor by George Grotz. In it he says that the way to prevent bubbles in a varnish finish is to thin with just a dab of mineral spirits. It works for me.
Don

It's helps, too, if you leave out the soap.