Finishing over the top of stain

Do you think I can finish my stained project with a top coat of quick drying varnish (water based) im pretty sure the stain is oil based? Link below is to the manufacturers site.
http://www.colron.co.uk/prodshow.asp?shop=&projID8&prodidy&projname=Traditional%20Colouring&intext=int
The projects made from 19mm white oak MDF are here:
http://www.beanpix.com/gallery/connoraston/a050803121938
I stained them last night and would like to varnish them tonight.
So the question is will putting a quick drying varnish over the top of this stain ruin the project?

http://www.colron.co.uk/prodshow.asp?shop=&projID8&prodidy&projname=Traditional%20Colouring&intext=int
It says it is a dye and dries in 6 hours. If that is the case, you are good to go. I've put oil over oil in that time but I've never used water over oil. I'd try a small section that is not going to be visible or on a scrap if you have one with the dye on it.

I have to deliver this on Sunday so i supposed if I coat a sample tonight then see if it dries by tommorrow things should be ok. Thanks

So how stupid am I . . . ???!!!!! text from the ASK COLORON website
Colron Products
Q. Can water based varnishes be applied over Colron Wood Dye?
A. Yes, but allow the dye to dry for at least 24 hours and wipe with a clean dry cloth prior to varnishing.
2/12/2003 Related Product: Colron Wood Dye
Sorry Folks
Sure wish MORE would post resolution like you did, thanks!
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 14:14:08 +0000 (UTC), "connor aston"

http://www.colron.co.uk/prodshow.asp?shop=&projID8&prodidy&projname=Traditional%20Colouring&intext=int
Well now folks. The stain has been a great success and the 2nd coat of quick drying (water based) varish is on. Delivery is 12 noon Sunday. Those foam applicators that I first saw on norms show are excellent for varnish. I had real trouble finding them in Northern ireland. I eventually had to get them from axminster.co.uk based in southern england, but they give a great finish. Are these a North American design? you just never see them in regular paint stores here in Ireland.
So thanks for you support (confidence). regards connor will publih the final finished project on my beanpix site. (see earlier post