Finish Nailer, which?

Page 2 of 4

On 4/15/2006 12:09 PM snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe mumbled something about the following:

No, YOU are the ignorant one here. My newsreader does just fine following threads, but when I'm using my handheld, I can't keep every message on it, so they are deleted after I read them. I'm then left with only the new messages the next time I pull messages. It's also PROPER netiquette (something you OBVIOUSLY know nothing about) to quote the relevant pieces of what you are responding to.
Now, continue with your ignorant life.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Would you like me to teach you how to use a news reader?
On 4/15/2006 4:39 PM snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe mumbled something about the following:

You're still clueless. Too bad you don't have the brains to get a clue. You have nothing to show me, nothing to teach me. I'm finished with you, go play fetch with the red ball with someone else now.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Jimmy's constant whining really makes me wonder how he survives in a world where absolutely nothing is as perfect as he'd like it.
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe writes:

When did your medication wear off? Or are you just dumb or ignorant of how news transfer occurs?
There is no guarantee that the original post ever even made it to his news server.
There is no guarantee that the orignal post arrived before the followup.
Providing at least a small quantity of the original post, to maintain the context, is helpful. If you want people to listen to what you're saying, make it easy for them. Otherwise, people will come to the conclusion that you're just too high-maintenance.

Then change servers. There are a dozen free news servers that don't lose posts. I haven't found a post missing on the server I use EVER.
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe writes:

There you go again. Other people should change newsreaders to suit you. Other people should change news servers to suit you. All because you're too bloody lazy to include enough of a previous post to indicate context. Well, at least this time you DID leave in enough of my post to make it easy to follow, but:
You ARE high-maintenance.
D Smith wrote:

Not high maintenance, just high, perhaps. I particularly enjoyed his
"I haven't found a post missing on the server I use EVER."
Isn't that a bit like, "Everyone who's not here, raise their hand?"
Like, how would he know?
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:40:51 GMT, Unquestionably Confused

I have 5 servers.

I was about to say again that you're full of it, but you probably do have five servers. It would be a very reasonable explanation as to why you have no life except whining and trolling.

The only one ever missing posts is Supernews due to their aggressive filtering policies.
BTW, I'm not the one whining about how others post.
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:56:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Bar maids?

If I had those I wouldn't be here.:)

LOL! Not at all. I'm not the one whining about the posting practice of others.
You want others to post to suit you. "Please quote because I have a crappy newsserver".<bfg> That's a whine moron.

Very true! I have seen replies show up as much as 24 hours before the original post. I have also made posts/replies that never did show up. Doesn't happen often but does happen. RM~

Then you have one crappy news server.

I lied I have six.
Supernews and Giganews are for binaries and have long retention times.
This one I post with is the finest text server on the planet...bar none. It's free and YOU can't become a member.<g>
allnews.readfreenews is read only but it's the only server on the planet that shows all the text posts in binaries groups without showing the binaries. Very handy.
The 2 ISP servers I use for downloading but not posting because they display my IP which is an invitation to hackers.
Odinn wrote:

I don't think you want to know.
er
--
email not valid

Thanks to all who have replied but am still somewhat confused and am going through the same bit of confusion I had before I purchased a framing nailer several years ago. I am sort of prejudiced to Porter Cable because I already have a FC350 and it's been a jewel. I notice that you can get a DA250B/re-built direct from Porter Cable for $129. Has anyone had any experience with re-builds? RM~