Finding Plywood

Hello,
Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place around here is Lowes or Home Depot.
Thanks
You can get it from a variety of places online, but you have to pay for shipping, of course. http://www.walllumber.com and http://www.hardwoodstore.com are two good ones which just happen to be local to me.
You'd get much better answers if you told us where you live. Somebody who lives near you may be able to give you some suggestions.
Josh
Bigdog wrote:

Lowes & Home Depot are the places that sell cheap plywood.
If you want a better grade, expect to pay for it.
Lew

Sure, Go past Lowes about 4 miles, make a left at the Shell gas station. There is a lumber dealer about 1/2 mile on the right. They have just what you want. Good prices too.

You're screwing with his head Edwin. You know he'll be coming from the other direction and you'll have him down by the sewage treatment plant with those directions.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I always just tell people to follow the blue car for a mile, then turn left.
brian

I always tell people that you cannot get there from here.
Sorry, I guess that a location would help. I am in Lexington, KY I do know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.
Sorry, I guess that a location would help. I am in Lexington, KY I do know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.
Bigdog wrote:

Actually, Lowes and Home Deport are extremely expensive for hardwood.
"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Around here, about 2 1/2 times the lineal foot price for dimensioned hardwood that a hardwood lumber dealer charges.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
B A R R Y wrote:

Look up cabinet shops in the phone book, call them and ask where they get their plywood, then call the suppliers until you find one that sells retail. I have a local supplier that would like to see you pull up in a truck with a company logo painted on the side but they grudgingly sell to the public (read great unwashed). But if you know what you're looking for, you can get it.

On 3/9/2006 10:47 PM Bigdog mumbled something about the following:

If you want cheap hardwood plywood, then go to Lowes or Home Depot. Now, if you want inexpensive hardwood plywood, that's a different matter.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
Bigdog wrote:

Lowes or Home Depot...special order desk...
Yellow pages...lumber...
Google...plywood...
--
dadiOH

And you can drool over the other kinds of wood they have that you can't afford to buy as much of as you want. At least that's what I do -- they're only a few minutes from where I work, so I occasionally drop by during lunch.

I work right around the corner on stewart rd, I will have to swing by one day on my lunch break and check it out.
You could drive up to Cincinnati and shop at Paxton Lumber. http://www.paxtonwood.com / Jack