Fence and Side Extension

Can I replace my fence and extend the sides of my table saw? I want to able to rip larger size panels. Can I do this cheaply? Are there plans out there? I have a small delta table saw now?

Any help hon this topic would be very helpful. I am a beginner woodworker and I do not a lot of money to purchase a new saw right now.

Thanks,

Frank F.

Reply to
Franklin Foster

Yes. DAGS for aftermarket table saw fences. You'll find a ton of stuff - all price ranges from around $150 to nearly the price of the Space Shuttle. Can you do it cheaply? Sure - depends on what you consider cheap. Realistically, you could get the job done for under $200 with something like the Sears Align-A-Rip (a very good lower priced fence system), and extensions that you build yourself. That's a pretty good price... unless you consider $200 to be on the high side. Then, it sucks.

Don't have a lot of money???? And you want to do woodworking??? Perish the thought. Look Frank, the very first thing you gotta understand is that woodworking *requires* that you go out and get new toys for every project. It's in the Bible man. Some things you can do on the cheap, but it's much harder to garner bragging rights that way. So... take a deep breath and repeat to yourself 10 times, "to hell with that retirement account".

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Maybe this one.

Reply to