Favorite clamps and where to buy, please.

Page 3 of 3

I inherited my first two pipe clamps from my dad. He had used galvanized for his too. Over time the teeth dug into the galvanized metal, leaving little metal flakes, and the head wouldn't hold any more. I replaced the galvanized with black pipe and never had another problem. So, I opted for black pipe when I bought more pipe clamps.

Mine are threaded, and I keep some PVC caps screwed on the open end to protect the threads. I bought a couple of pipe couplings just for the times when I needed longer clamps. Of course, it's usually easier to just grab another clamp off the rack and interlock them. To date, I've never used the pipe couplings. :)
In any case, I don't use the pipe clamps much these days. In addition to the tipping and staining problems, the longer 48" length doesn't fit on my workbench. So the length is usually a hindrence more than a help for most situations. Of course, the few times I need the increased length, they're nice to have.
'Jim Weisgram[_3_ Wrote: > ;3286307'][...snip...]I like Bessy F style clamps for general purpose > clamping. For larger

I see these i think its good and hope they have also good performance
--
stockbrokers

On 9/22/2014 1:15 AM, stockbrokers wrote:

Try these, they are the best clamps I have had, I got mine from HF, but I think they were sued by Jorgensen, I paid $8 and now after using them, would easily pay the $19 that Home Depot is getting for them. They exert an extreme amount of pressure on the joint, are easy to use.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Jorgensen-12-in-Ratcheting-Gear-Clamp-38012-4PK/202688782
--
Jeff