Faceshield

Somebody said it, but it wasn't Jefferson.

DGDevin

Maybe you could wear one of those chainsaw helmet/earmuff/faceshield units - no fogging problem with the mesh. And some even have a plastic area over the eyes. We have a couple full plastic shields in the shop that get used pretty regularly - especially when wire- brushing.

Reply to
Jay Pique

He didn't specify *which* Thomas Jefferson.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

I got that from the first of the Money Masters videos Swingy suggested a couple weeks ago, and I'm certainly not the first to misattribute this statement to Jefferson.

-- If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -- misattributed to Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's what happens when you allow cloning experiments on human beings.

Bush was another.

"Drew Lawson" wrote in message news:ij3fag$2a0s$ snipped-for-privacy@raid.furrfu.com... He didn't specify *which* Thomas Jefferson.

Reply to
Josepi

The more my next steak farts, the more CO2 smothers the earth. When you guys stop wringing your hands over getting stabbed with kickback, cutting your hands off without a SawStop, a blade guard, a riving knife, losing your hearing w/o giant ear muffs and all that rot, you can wring your hands over CO2, cow farts and global warming causing huge snow drifts blocking your shop doors...

After you succumb to some of AlGores CO2 poisoning, at least know I warned you.

Reply to
Jack Stein

It sounded suspicious to me from the get-go ("inflation" and "deflation" as economic terms), so I took a moment to do a search. There is a legitimate Jefferson quotation on a similar theme¹ but somebody has taken the time to jazz it up and pass if off as the real thing. There is an issue of rhetorical credibility here; whoever first created (actually forged) the quotation is not someone I'd trust from then on, I'd always be wondering what else they're not being honest about. These days accepting almost any quotation one sees online at face value seems to be a risky business.

¹ "And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
Reply to
DGDevin

Ah, a troll.

Nasty things do happen to real people you know:

in this group not long ago.

I personally would prefer to retain the full use of my hands, fingers, arms, toes, ears, eyes and all other body parts, in as full a working order as natural ageing allows, till such time as I depart this life - hopefully by "natural causes".

Reply to
Stuart

Jack the complaint bureau has closed due to the economy.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

"'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Remains a valid argument despite the misattribution to Edmund Burke.

The written word overrides all, but only as long as it remains intact.

Relying on online resources to do any meaningful "research", particularly that extrapolated from a time when capturing the spoken word verbatim, in most any manner, was a difficult, if not impossible, task, is nothing but a fools game.

Reply to
Swingman

There is nothing wrong with online research provided you are cautious and thorough. Many people stop at one source, particularly if it tells them what they want to hear, and that's risky. But it was risky when the library was the only place to do research too; two history books might give very different versions of the same events. However it is true that the internet gives a worldwide voice to fools and liars, any clown with net access can post nonsense that somebody else will believe.

Reply to
DGDevin