Faceshield

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:37:28 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

The quickest, nicest answer is to twit-filter early and often.
-- If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. --Thomas Jefferson

Already a done deal.
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Somebody said it, but it wasn't Jefferson.
http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/index.php/Private_Banks_%28Quotation%29

He didn't specify *which* Thomas Jefferson.
--
Drew Lawson | "Look! A big distracting thing!"
| -- Crow T. Robot.
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:58:40 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@furrfu.invalid (Drew Lawson) wrote:

suggested a couple weeks ago, and I'm certainly not the first to misattribute this statement to Jefferson. <shrug>
-- If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -- misattributed to Thomas Jefferson
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

It sounded suspicious to me from the get-go ("inflation" and "deflation" as economic terms), so I took a moment to do a search. There is a legitimate Jefferson quotation on a similar theme but somebody has taken the time to jazz it up and pass if off as the real thing. There is an issue of rhetorical credibility here; whoever first created (actually forged) the quotation is not someone I'd trust from then on, I'd always be wondering what else they're not being honest about. These days accepting almost any quotation one sees online at face value seems to be a risky business.
"And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
On 2/11/2011 3:15 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Remains a valid argument despite the misattribution to Edmund Burke.
The written word overrides all, but only as long as it remains intact.
Relying on online resources to do any meaningful "research", particularly that extrapolated from a time when capturing the spoken word verbatim, in most any manner, was a difficult, if not impossible, task, is nothing but a fools game.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
"Swingman" wrote in message

There is nothing wrong with online research provided you are cautious and thorough. Many people stop at one source, particularly if it tells them what they want to hear, and that's risky. But it was risky when the library was the only place to do research too; two history books might give very different versions of the same events. However it is true that the internet gives a worldwide voice to fools and liars, any clown with net access can post nonsense that somebody else will believe.
That's what happens when you allow cloning experiments on human beings.
Bush was another.
"Drew Lawson" wrote in message He didn't specify *which* Thomas Jefferson.
--
Drew Lawson | "Look! A big distracting thing!"
| -- Crow T. Robot.

Two comments:
1) Get something with easily replaceable shields, and get several spares. That way when the change the design in a few years you don't find out the new shields won't fit. DAMHIKT
2) I used to buy Uvex safety glasses with the anti-fog coating. The coating works great for a while, and then it gets cloudy. Eventually, it's worse than looking through fog. At least for safety glasses, they expect you to trash them before the coating gets too bad. They may have improved the coating since I had problems, but I would never buy a Uvex product with that coating on it. Instead, I get glasses with the scratch resistant coating, and they last a LOT longer. However, fogging is going to be much more of an issue with a full face shield like the one shown. I use much simpler ones like others have linked to, and they are open enough that fog usually isn't an issue.
Doug White

Maybe you could wear one of those chainsaw helmet/earmuff/faceshield units - no fogging problem with the mesh. And some even have a plastic area over the eyes. We have a couple full plastic shields in the shop that get used pretty regularly - especially when wire- brushing.