Experience with Canary Wood

I've been eyeing some "canary wood" at a local lumber yard. It has interesting grain and color and I may use it for a dresser. I'm wondering whether the yellow/orange color of the wood will stay true over time or if it will fade or darken. Anyone have experience with canary wood over time?
From what I've read it's supposed to be fairly easy to work. Any comments on that?
Robert
I'v turned a few pens from some canary wood. The color held well. Don't use an oil finish - something in the wood keeps the oil from hardening. I used a superglue finish that worked well.

Bruce C. wrote:

drying. The box is about 2 years old and still looks about the same, maybe a slight bit darker. The wood was very easy to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD
Robert wrote:

it's not more popular than it is, especially considering its low cost. Unlike other "colored" woods, such as purpleheart, I've never had Canarywood fade over time.
Tim Henrion

It has beautiful grain and color -- I'm also surprised it's not more popular.
Robert wrote...

I've used canary wood a few times. The bright yellow colors, streaked with flashes of pink, reds and purples, appear to be quite stable. Contrary to Bruce's experience, I had no trouble finishing with tung oil. I didn't glue any, but I've heard it doesn't glue well. The wood was fairly soft, easy to work, and turns nicely -- about like walnut.
It's possible that what your lumber yard carries isn't the same as the stuff I have, so YMMV.
Cheers!
Jim