Ever heard of Baileigh Industrial tools?

Looking for more information on tilting table or tilting head mortisers, I went to YouTube to see if there were any videos illustrating the use of the tilt feature (which I asked about in another thread). I found a video by Baileigh Industrial showing their mortiser

which looks pretty interesting, and the price is in range -- but I've never heard of this company before. Anybody here know anything about this outfit?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yes I have heard of them. They are relatively new to manufacturing woodworking equipment. IIRC I read about them in Tools of the Trade as an old tool manufacturing company that was getting into woodworking equipment. Again IIRC they made a name for themselves manufacturing metal working equipment many years ago.

Reply to
Leon

Actually, here is their metal working site.

They originally made a name for themselves building industrial metal working equipment starting in 1999. When I was looking for a new saw, 2 years ago this Spring, I saw them and they only had at that time 5-7 WW machines IIRC. They have apparently expanded quickly in the WW area. It would be interesting to learn if they actually build all of their WW equipment or not.

Reply to
Leon

Seems similar to steel-city. They design the products here but it's all built somewhere else. Maybe they take it a step lower and design & build somewhere else then sell/service here.

Reply to
Electric Comet