Emco Bandsaw

Does anyone know anything about the brand Emco. I am considering buying an Emco BS-2 bandsaw that is for sale. I've looked all over the net and can't find any information about it except that it is european. Is there something similar to compare it too. Here are some of the specs: The saw is BS2 Emco , 14 1/2" throat , 3 wheel with blades speeds of 1200, 750 & 120 FPM
Thanks in advance!

Is there a manufacturer tag on the saw? I have a new Laguna BS but on the back side of the saw there is an identification tag indicating that is was made in Italy by ACM. Some Laguna's are made in Bulgaria by another company so you cannot assume that all models of a particular brand are built by the same company or in the same country. Take Delta for an example or Powermatic.