Electrical Fire Followup

The electrician got here today. The cause looks like arcing, as was suggested here.
We've got a new timer and the proper external box. The timer was the Intermatic T101, the one I was looking at online. I just requested a timer and didn't specify which one. (How new are the ones with the big plastic covers that cover the outlet with something plugged in?)
Puckdropper

✖
On Jul 8, 3:25 pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

They are not very new and have been around for quite some time. Code now requires them for use in a pool area.
Should have gone with the T101R (Outdoor version of what you have). Unless it is mounted inside somewhere.
Allen
Add pictures here
✖

I'd put those weatherproof outlet covers in there even if it wasn't required. They'd be an easy upgrade for an outlet used for Christmas lights as well.
It is the R version, I was going from memory on the model number.
Puckdropper

✖