E*bay cyclone photos

Photos of the cyclone are available on my site below. Just follow the MY NEW SHOP link and then scroll down to bullet #11 - Dust Collector Cyclone.

-- Bill Pounds

Pounds on Wood

Robatoy

What are your "inlet" & "outlet" sizes and what did you do with "transition" problems ?

It would appear that you are using 4" S&D for your trunk lines ?

Pounds > Photos of the cyclone are available on my site below. Just follow the MY

Reply to
Pat Barber

Hmmm, what is S&D? Sanitary sewer? Not what I use for pipe.

All my lines are 4" irrigation pipe with 4" flex transitions. I have about

50 feet of header around the shop. The 4" flex fits right onto the inlet provided on the cyclone (on the small one I bought, the larger one is different). The discharge at the top is 6" and is actually a length of 6" pipe x about 20" long, most of which extends down into the cyclone body. I just made a MDF donut to fit the 6" pipe and glued in a 4" fitting. This seems to flow in an adequate manner.

My dust collector has 2@ 4" inlets, or 1@ 6" inlet. An enterprising soul would have run 6" from the cyclone outlet directly to the 6" DC inlet. I might still do that, but have you priced 6" flex? I already had surplus 4" pipe and flex.

-- Bill Pounds

Pounds on Wood

Sewer and Drain. About four or five bucks per 10 feet - as opposed to Sched

40 which is at least twice as much as S&D...
Reply to
patrick conroy

Okay, I'm with you. I use irrigation pipe which is even less expensive. It is very thin wall. My preference is the solid wall stuff where the wall is only about 1/16" thick. The borgs here have started carrying stuff with about 3/16" wall and the wall has a corrugated liner. It is smooth inside and outside, but has a corrugated medium. Both come in perforated, for french drains, and non-perforated. I recommend the non-perforated :-)

Reply to
Pounds on Wood