Cyclone Rake ??

I am thinking of purchasing a Cyclone Rake this spring. It will attach to my Brush Hog ZT180 54 in mower.

Does anyone know anything about this company or if this product is any good? The only way to purchase one is direct from the factory.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Bob Krause Southwestern Michigan

Reply to
Robert Krause

In a few of the L & G tractor froums the CR has a lot of mixed reports. It makes a lot of claims that it can't really claim as being the only one to be able to do, and the price is high. A lot of folks have had problems with fabric wear, and zippers/ velcro screwing up, and setting it up and taking it down for storage to a lot has been a pain in the butt...

Have you checked out the Agri Fab units?

I have a Agri Fab unit (badged Crapsman) as well as a home made vac cart, and my home made vac cart willo suck a CR up its intake chute in a heart beat. I can use it without having to have my mower deck running and it will readily suck up pine straw, and pine cones and any leaves............

CR Claim to having a superior fan impeller is a farce. My Agri Fab is quite a few years old and have sucked up all kinds of items not intended to go through the machine and it has yet to be torn up. I seriously doubt your gonna arbitrarily suck up a rock of sufficient size to tear up a blade like CR implies can happen.....and to be honest none of them is gonna suck a brick off the ground................Another nice thing about agri Fab is it also shreds.yes the CR shreds to a degree, but it mainly compresses the load by air flow........not reducing it in shape and size as a shredder does, and this feature makes it nice for easy decay and use in compost piles etc.

There are numerous companaies making Vac carts.......and if I had the money I wuld probably spend it on: #1 Trac Vac #2 Blue Bird #3 Agri Fab #4 TheBrinley unit Home Depot sells #5 Hand rake Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy