dw735 planer without extension tables

Is anyone using successfuly the dw735 planer w/o extension tables -- which are extras costing about $45? Since I missed the great Amazon temp non-sale/sale, the dw735 plus tables is now about $240 more than the dw734 which comes w/ tables. (I have a DC to handle waste, so the dw735 chip blower is not a plus for me.) TIA. -- Igor
Initially I operated my DW 735 without the extension tables and was surprised that very little was gained after purchasing them. For longer boards, I still use roller stands at both the in and out feeds. I would gladly sacrifice the tables in order to buy the 735 vice the 734. With or without the tables, the 735 works very nicely. The dust collection with a 4" DC hose connected is very effective.
Good luck,
TEF

Yes. Ran 6 footers through last night. No snipe.

Absolutely. On long and/or heavy boards, it's important to support the ends, but that's pretty much a given anyway. I'd like to have the tables sometime, but I'm getting very good results without them, so I'm not really in a hurry to buy them just yet.

I've been using mine without the extension tables for several months with no problems -- I've run 4-8ft boards through it. I my opinion they are completely unnecessary. You'd be better off buying some type of roller support that you can place farther out from planer.
I've had almost no snipe -- maybe a few thousands of an inch sometimes. Just ran some 6 foot 12 inch wide Goncalo Alves boards with no problems and no visible snipe.
Robert