Dust Collection: Would this be enough?

I have a small shop and am looking into a Dust Collection system My inital thoughts were a Delta or Jet that moves 650-1200 CFM. However this EBay auction has me wondering!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/DUST-COLLECTION-SYSTEM-120-000-cfm_W0QQitemZ7564870394QQcategoryZ11810QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUST-COLLECTION-SYSTEM-120-000-cfm_W0QQitemZ7564870394QQcategoryZ11810QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
You damn fool, that is an industrial machine. What you want is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemu63610365&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
"You damn fool, that is an industrial machine"
lol!
You know this might work at keep all the air,furniture,pets,pests,and humans out of your house.its not a bad deal though!
Len

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUST-COLLECTION-SYSTEM-120-000-cfm_W0QQitemZ7564870394QQcategoryZ11810QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I vote for the big one...400 hp sounds about right for a small shop. Plus, it has fire protection built in so grounding is unnecessary. However, 120,000 cfm may cause your shop walls and roof to implode, so some structural bracing will be in order. And your TS, DP, planer etc may get sucked up a tube and out of your shop, so skip the mobile bases and bolt everything directly to the floor. My $.02 --dave

Maybe you could set it up and share it with your neighbors and some of us - could you run one of the pipes to upstate New York for me? I figure about 1000cfm would be plenty for me, which is less than 1% of its capacity. You could provide 100 of us with good-quality dust collection! Of course, then you'd need to leave it running all the time, but it sure would be handy for me. Any other takers?
On 21 Nov 2005 13:05:56 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com quickly quoth:

Ah, so THAT's what brought Katrina ashore...
"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
ebay Item number: 7563610365 is a good deal, up to about $80, then consider the similar harborfreight unit.

The similar hf unit doesn't have a 1 micron bag, and presumably has hf quality...

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUST-COLLECTION-SYSTEM-120-000-cfm_W0QQitemZ7564870394QQcategoryZ11810QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Wonder no more. It will be powerfull enough. In fact, you might be able to rent suction to everyone on your block as well! Make sure you ground the PVC pipes!
Dave
On 21 Nov 2005 13:05:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Yeah, that would probably do it. Let's see at, 120k cfm, for my 24 x 30 x 8' shop, call it roughly 6000 cubic feet, that would completely exchange the air in my shop something like 20 times per minute, or roughly once every 3 seconds. I'd say dust wouldn't have much of a chance. OTOH, the idea of working in a wind tunnel would probably not be much fun.
Open your windows and doors before you turn it on!
RonB