dust collection ducting

If I've only converted one, it was worthwhile...

Thank you.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

My, this sure has become a testy place of late. Maybe someone ought to fart and break the tension...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

To be exact, no example of a dust explosion occuring in a home shop dust collection system as a result of a static spark ignition can be cited. It may be possible to cite examples of fires caused by metal debris contacting the impeller and causing a fire by spark or heat.

Problem is, static electricity does not have enough energy to ignite the size of particles present in a home dust collection system.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Mark & Juanita

ROTFLMAO!! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

AMEN!

djb (Who be sorely tired of this topic coming up again, and again, and again, and again, and again)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

What if it were a six-sided die with faces numbered 6 through 11?

Reply to
Silvan

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:55:53 -0500, Steve Decker wrote

but not in home shop dust collection systems from static discharge from plastic piping.

time to put up or shut up, steve.

Reply to
bridger

Steve Decker

sigh...

UA100, who is going to ask Grandma about this...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

As it happens, friend, I didn't say anything about home shop, plastic yadda yadda in that particular post.

Dust explosions, including wood dust, can and do happen and are well documented. We all have LRod to thank that one will never ever happen in a home shop.

Now as Gus says, I'm going to make some sawdust.

Reply to
Steve Decker

Then it wouldn't meet the specifications of the original 'problem', and the probability analysis would not be relevant to that changed situation.

Next question?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Then you have once again changed the rules as the original die was labeled 1 thru 6 but even there, only 6 possibilities exist so a seventh one has ZERO chance.

Reply to
TBone

Izzit OK if I bring that bucket of water back in the garage?

Reply to
patrick conroy

Depends.

Is it still a bucket of water?