Drop-leaf shelf

I have a VERY small appartment; consequently, I would like to attach a few drop-leaf shelves to the walls here and there for added space when needed. I know the general concept, but would like to view some directions. I just want to hinge a piece of wood to hold the leaf up, I don't want to go to the expense of drop-leaf hardware.
I've done some searches but can't seem to find anything.
Anyone know of a web site?
Katherine
On 10 Aug 2003 12:56:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gis.net (Katherine) wrote:

How much weight? Drop down or pull up? What kind of tools do you have access to? If there is an Ikea around you they have a simple drop-leaf that could give you ideas.