DRIcore flooring for garage?

The concrete in my garage/shop has been getting harder on my legs and back over the years, and I'm looking for a solution more permanent than rubber mats that have to be re-arranged when moving equipment or cleaning up.

Home Depot has a new interlocking subfloor system called DRIcore that is intended for basement use, The pieces come in 2' squares and snap together. The entire floor floats 1/4" from the walls. Because of the little plastic cleats on the underside of the flooring that are supposed to channel water under the floor to a centralized drain, it looks like the floor might actually have some cushioning. I'm wondering if it might make a good flooring for my garage/shop. My concern is that it would have to be able to handle the weight of machinery, both standing and rolling around. Also, will the waferboard surface hold up, or is it only suitable as a SUBfloor?

Have any of you seen this product, and can you offer any opinions?

Thanks. molin

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com remove the "nospam." to reply

Reply to
molin67

If you're looking for something REALLY durable, check out Race Deck.

Average cost per sq ft is about $3-4, and you can install it yourself.

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

I was looking at that stuff to use under some cardboard boxes in my garage so the melt from the car wouldn't get them wet. I don't think they look sturdy enough to hold much moving weight..certainly not a car. Looks like ?/C grade plywood on the top and would probably abrade pretty easy if not covered with something sturdier.

Reply to
Tom

For the past six months I have successfully used a competing product called Subflor. No installation problems and my heavy iron moves well over the interlocking OSB surface and joints. There are no obvious dips or ruts in the floor from the concentrated weight of my TS or jointer, etc. The 7/8" height was OK with my existing doors. Cost was about $ 2/sf delivered to my driveway.

TinWoodsmn

Reply to
TinWoodsmn

I would suggest you to go for epoxy garage flooring instead of DRIcore flooring. Dricore can be ruined fast but epoxy floors last longer.

Source:

karammundi.inet