Dremel Tool Questions

Page 3 of 3

Did you read any of them?

It's not worth much. As you were told, the balance is bad and the battery life is appalling.
Andy Dingley wrote:

That has not been my experience. The 10.8 volt battery seems to run the thing practically forever.
--John
For the Ni-Cad batteries, I'd agree, but not Lithium ion batteries. The 10.8 v has lithium batteries. I'm not sure, but I think the new 7 something volt unit also has lithium ion batteries. Time will tell.
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 23:12:33 +0100, Andy Dingley

One last comment...... I have had a single speed corded Dremel for about twenty years. It continuously proves the old saying that it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.
Spiral sawbit is awesome for down and dirty quick work in wood, MDF, drywall. Carbide burrs are awesome for detail grinding of heavy rust in tight spaces.
Of course I also have a dremel mini lathe (six inch length by 1.5 in diameter) so I could be biased.
I'm looking at the new ergonomic cordless one since I like to combine scrollsawing, woodburning, and power carving into one project and it looks like it might do the job.
Is that the one you got? If so, please post reviews from time to time.
Have fun.
Phil

I have both a corded and cordless model and I'd go with the corded one for all the bells and whistles, then buy a cheaper cordless with just High & Low speeds for those times the cord won't reach.
Mike Watch for the bounce. If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it. If ya see it, it didn't go off. Old Air Force Munitions Saying

Just a gloat...
My B&D Wizard burnt out after many years of hard use. I was waiting for it to die, since their are more accessories available for a Dremel. Anyway, Lowes had the 400 series 55-piece kit, with a free engraver, on sale for $70. I had a $40 gift card from my daughter, a $5 gift card from some promotion, and a returned-merchandise card worth about $17 that had been hanging around in my wallet for months. For $20 out of pocket, I walked out with a pretty cool tool and a bunch of accessories.