Drawers need metal runners.

Inherited these *other-worldly* plastic runners on the sides of the kitchen unit drawers and they are disintegrating after about thirty years of frequent use.
http://tinypic.com/r/k0muc3/7
The kitchen drawers themselves are unfortunately plastic. The drawers are 8.5cm (3. 3/8")high and 48cm (19") deep and 45cm (17. 3/4")wide. (The front panel with the handle is a bit higher and a bit wider).
I don't have the skills to make new wooden drawers myself, so shall start looking around at units where perhaps I can buy them ready made?
My immediate and first task now is to buy some new substantial metal runners for the sides of the drawers.
Could anyone recommend some very simple runners please, preferably ones easy to fit. Thanks for any advice.

Have a look here:
http://www.blum.com/gb/en/01/30/index.php
Download the available documents and study for a while. For most things, precise fitting instructions are presented.
Might not be exactly what you want but it is a good place to get started.
Rod

You could do worse than look in B&Q warehouse. Decent choice in ours. 3 or 4 quid as I remember.

I had the same problem and bought metal ones from Screwfix. Slightly fiddly to fit as they have less tolerance side to side as plastic. But well worth the effort.
--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

I have just made some using http://www.toolstation.com/documents/catalogue/catalogue40/?hl709
If they are the correct depth you only need a base and the drawer front (and a back if you don't buy the metal one). You do need to be careful about cutting the base but its not hard or you could get b&q to do it.