Drawer in the end of a Table

Im building a table for a client of mine he now wants to put a 12 x12 x4" drawer to hold place mats in the end rail of the table So how do i keep a solid strength construction for the table if i need to put a drawer into the end rail? any ideas Connor

Reply to
Connor Aston

Use boards parallel to the drawer sides tied into the cut apron by gluing/screwing to glue blocks on the back of the apron and into a cross piece (parallel to the drawer front placed beyond the drawer back) which is in turn attached to the aprons perpendicular to the drawer. Use the boards to attach drawer runners.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

This is where you start thinking something other than wood to reinforce the thin apron. I have used 1/4" thick steel bars inset into dados to reinforce thin aprons.

Reply to
Leon

Connor, I am not sure I follow the question. Actually, I do but with the information given it is really hard to answer, without assuming a lot. What are you making the top out of? What is the type of construction for the legs? It seems that you need a stretcher somewhere, what keeps you from mounting the drawer below the stretcher?

Just trying to visualize the table the drawer is going into.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Reply to