Dovetail saw

I want to purchase (UK) a good quality Dovetail saw. I know of Lie-Nielsen and Flinn. What other manufacturers should I be considering? Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

I bought the Lee Valley dovetail saw for approx. US$36

(watch the wrap on the URL).

I filed the set very slightly to get it to saw straight, but other than that I think it is a very good value. I also have the Lie-Nielsen gent-style dovetail saw (straight handle) which I think I paid $80 for. There is no question that the LN saw is of higher quality, but I have still cut perfectly good dovetails with the Lee Valley saw, also.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Reply to
Phil

Any good small cheap saw can be used. Simply refile and tooth it with a rip profile. MArio Rodriguez wrote about it in Finew Woodworking some time back.

I saw him demonstrate it, and while it's not easy, it's not hard either.

Reply to
DarylRos

Don't forget, only three fingers go inside. Your index finger points down the blade.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

I was going to say the same thing. I have fairly large hands myself, and I have no problem using this saw.

Mike

> > urrency=2&SID=) (watch the wrap on the URL).

Reply to
Dr. Seuss

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:45:00 GMT, j pixelated:

Point your index finger toward the blade. It leaves lots of room and helps guide the saw.

- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. ---

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's amazing how much that will improve the cut with *any* handsaw.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone