Dovetail jig instructions

I just purchased a cheap dovetail jig from harbor freight tools, it looks identical to the Jet 709060. The manual is something left to be desired, actually the instructions suck. Does anyone have a site where I can get some good instructions on the setup and use of the jig.

I tried my first attempt last night and the results were as good as the instructions!

Thanks

Reply to
PPH

and use of the jig.

Hi, Try Woodstock international. If it's the same jig, and I think it is, you can download a good manual from their website.

JLJ21710

Thats it! Thank you very much!

Reply to
PPH

Reply to
FDawg

Could you post how much you paid for it at HF? I just bought one from Rockler for $49.00 a week ago during their Thanksgiving 1 Day Sale. I did notice one difference with this one and that's the adjustments on the side that controls the side and front piece alignment. Rockler's is a one piece and the HF is a two piece which makes it a little more difficult to adjust.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
EvoDawg

I beleive it was in the $20 to $25 range. HF doesn't have the highest quality but for the home shop it usually works fine.

Reply to
PPH

I have the Leigh jig. Forget about using that crappy cheap jig. If you haven't spent over 300 dollars, there's no point in owning a dovetail jig. I don't know if the jig works any better as I've never actually used it.

Reply to
Bay Area Dave