Door as Workbench

Anyone near Boston looking for a great bench top check this listing on Craigs List under Tools
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/tls/270637297.html
What a bargain! Know that I have no interest in this listing!
Bob C in MA

The local door shop (in the San Francisco suburb I call home) has a similar oops pile. It contributed three for my efforts at $30 cash...
Patriarch

I want to take this opportunity to hi-jack this thread slightly, although the topic is the same.
Following an idea I had read of in several places (including the REC), I recently mounted a 6 panel wood door on an old pair of folding banquet table legs I had lying around. I then removed the panels leaving the rails, styles, etc.
What a great work surface. I use it to cut sheet material, but it is even more useful for assembly and glue-up. By having the "skeleton" of the rails and styles, I can clamp my work in several places while doing work on it. The height seems to be just about right as well.
I feel so go about having this "new" shop aide, that I wanted to let new folks in on it. Old-timers on this list have read about this all before.
The concept is simple, but if anyone wants a picture ask and I'll post one in ABPW.
Bill Leonhardt

Please post. Do you have a photo with clamps in use?
-- Mark