dissolving Liquid Nails?

    The framers of my new house got some Liquid Nails (construction adhesive) on the concrete floor of the kitchen, and I need to remove it (we're acid-staining the concrete). Anyone know what solvents would dissolve this stuff? I can't pry it off.
Thanks,
Andy Barss

I would call the 800 number on the Liquid Nail tube or visit the website of the manufacturer.
Larry
If you have a Fein detail sander, try the scraper attachment. If you don't have one, it's a good excuse to get one, you won't be disappointed.

There are two flavors (formulas) for Liquid Nails, the original and a newer water-based kind. I prefer the original -- seems to set up faster -- and can only comment on that.
The solvent is mineral spirits, according to the label on the tube, and I've used that to clean up some excess goo. But first, use a knife or razor to cut out as much as possible because it takes a LOT of elbow grease with mineral spirits.
However, with the porous concrete you may not have much luck. Give it a try.
Jim Stuyck
After you get the surface adhesive off you'll not be able to acid stain so that the area that had the adhesive won't show.
Phil
Jim Stuyck wrote:

Look for a product called "Liquid Claw Hammer." (Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)
Seriously though, I have had moderate success in letting it dry for a while, then using a (sharp) paint scraper. You might try hardening it with some ice, then scraping it.
-Chris
Belt sander..

Try acetone or laquer thinner. pour it on and take a single edge razor blade to it. Maybe rub over the goo with some steel wool .