Display Case

I have been givein the task of building a hanging display case to house my granddaughters class picture, diploma,and her senior tassle. Her mother wants it to be like a shadow box type. Any ideas? Thank GT
Hi GT,
You can buy a special deep moulding for framing 3-D objects such as medals, butterflies etc. Alternatively, you could make it.
Probably the easiest way would be to take some 2 x 1/2" stuff, mitre it to your frame size, run a rebate on both front and back internal sides. The front rebate would take the glass, which you'd secure with a pinned planted moulding, the back rebate would take the back, 1/4" ply or mdf covered with velvet or somesuch. Stain it all a nice colour, run a discreet gold line round the planted moulding, nice coat of oil/shellac/PU. Job sorted, accept accolades.
HTH
Frank

wants
I just made 35 for a school auction. I can take picture and send them to you if you need it. It really is pretty simple after you figure out the size, and depth, that you want. It just takes a couple or rabbets and accurate miters.
Bob McBreen

wants
A picture would be a lot of help if not to much trouble. Thanks GT
I sent the picture to your email address.
Please contact me if you have any problems.

Something must have gone wrong, I did'nt get the picture. Please try again GT
I found the problem & resent.