Did you ever have one of those light bulbs go off, and start feeling like an idiot?

I just did. I picked up one of these tools at an auction several years back and never used it.

needs a new piece and PC wants hundreds for the part. It's actually a pretty easy fix, but it was just one of those projects I never got around to doing because I was just going to sell the tool on eBay and I didn't pay that much for it.

Now, after reading that auction listing, the light bulb flicked on. Doh! I could easily modify the tool to make a mortising machine to replace my Delta bench top unit.

I owe the guy who was asking about his problems with his mortising machine bits a thank you. I wouldn't have run across that eBay listing if I hadn't been looking to find you a readily available chisel and bit set. Thanks!

RicodJour