Dewalt RAS Adjusting?

I have an older model (green hammertone) Dewalt 10" ras. I have squared the axis of travel to the fence right on the money. Now I believe the blade is not parallel to he axis of travel. The back of the blade rubs the board on the left as it comes out of the cut. Does anyone know how to adjust this? Thanks for any help you can give.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply
You can get this info here:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/woodbutcher/start
--
Rumpty- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Bill Rittner" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message
Bill,
I have an 11 page article written by Roger Hill on the DeWalt. This article used to reside over on Badger Pond and a friend snatched it away before that forum went Tango Uniform.
I really don't think it'll get you fixed but I can guarantee that it will put you in the right direction. The file looks to be around 50KB so it's not too big.
Ping me on the back channel if you'd like me to slip a copy of it in a cyber envelope and post it with the morning mail.
UA100

I think most of the articles from the Pond are now at WoodCentral ( http://www.woodcentral.com )
Did you ever post on the Pond? I don't remember you (I think I have all of your noms de web). Or were you just saying you got it from there?
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

Nope.
A'yup.
UA100
There is a book called "fine tuning your Radial Arm Saw." It is quite good, but out of print. You can probably find it at the library.
Len -------------------
Bill Rittner wrote:

good, but

Take a look at "How To Master The Radial Saw" by Wally Kunkel, available from
http://mrsawdust.com /

There are 3 adjustment screws on the back of the motor/yoke assembly used for this adjustment. The Mr. Sawdust book has complete details for tune-ups.
--
Rumpty

Thanks for all of the help. Now I have the info and resources to make this saw purrrrrrrr :)
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply

"Fine Tuning Your Radial Arm Saw" by Jon Eakes is out of print, but still available as an Acrobat file from the author's web site, www.joneakes.com Price is about $15CAN, came to about $12US. This book has the best, most detailed, adjustment procedures for a RAS I've ever seen. Eakes not only explains how to make adjustments, but explains how they are interrelated. He provides methods to deal with the slop inherent in newer, steel-armed saws. With the older, cast iron DeWalts you can easily achieve a very high level of accuracy, precision and repeatability. This book is only about tuning the saw, but I think it is essential to anyone with a RAS.
As Rumpty suggested, "How To Master The Radial Saw" by Wally Kunkel has tune-up procedures for the DeWalt, plans for an FLAT, rigid table, and everything you need to know about using the saw for any kind of cut.
I had a SCMS and a JET cabinet saw before I inherited my Dad's DeWalt 1400. These two books taught me how it could work. The SCMS is now used only on rough sizing cuts (and borrowed by my brother-in-law). I use the cabinet saw when a cut exceeds the capacity of the DeWalt. Most everything else is done more simply and more accurately on the DeWalt.

DeWalt.
Larry, I could have not said that better myself!
--
Rumpty