DeWalt jigsaw sucks! ...should blow

I paid $100 for a DW jig saw. Works great. Variable speed, variable angle, etc. Everything but something to blow away the sawdust. I'm shocked such a device even exists!

nb

Reply to
notbob

Hmmmm...... should have bought the blue one. IIRC, My Bosch 1587 Progressor actually has some kind of vent off the motor fan that you turn off and on that will blow the sawdust out of the way.

I have used the big DW jig saw, and it is nice indeed. A good Bosch blade on that thing and it really makes nice cuts.

Thinking about that for a minute, doesn't DW make a jigsaw that has a little blower gizmo on it?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 05:40:00 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote (in article ):

Have you checked to see if it's got a little switch on it?

Mate of mine was screaming blue murder about the same thing with his new dewalt WASS this? I said, pointing.

Oh....

I think it's off by default so that when you use a dustsucker hose, it doesn't blow dust away from the sucker intake - and when you don't, it blows clear of the cutting line.

probably.

Reply to
Bored Borg

4 YEARS OUT, HOPE YOU HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM. HAD SAME PROBLEM, BUT I FOUND RUNNING THE SAW AT HIGH SPEED BLEW AWAY THE DUST - GOOD LUCK
Reply to
capt.skippy

A lot of these jigsaws are designed to have a dust collection hole attached to a shop vac. If They were more efficient at blowing the dust away the vacuum probably would not work as well.

Way back when, 12+ years ago when DeWalt came out with their toolless blade change model, many were known for letting go of the blade. There were reports of that and a friend had one that did that all the time. A real pisser trying to get the blade out of the wood if it was pinched.

Reply to
Leon