Dewalt 734 12 1/2 thickness planer

Anyone have experience or opinions about this machine? I might be able to get one for a couple of hundred bucks.
Thanks,
S.

New, used or reconditioned?
Price it carefully... since the 735 came out a few years ago, new and reconditioned 734's have really gone down in price..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
The 735 did not replace the 734. I believe that they are both current products. The 735 is the multi-speed beast with integrated dust collection (fan driven, not just a shroud).
I have a 733 and I have liked it alot. The 734 repalced the 733. My Dad has the 735 and has been generally pleased.
Sorry but I have no direct experience with the 734, but $200 sounds like a great price.
-Steve

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 15:04:59 -0400, "Stephen M"

My mistake, Steve... I was thinking of the 733... Harbor Fright was selling reconditioned 733's a few years back..
Must have something to do with me buying the Ridgid..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I have one and like it a lot. I bought mine new about a 1-1/2 ago and after running a lot of stuff through it, I'm still on the first set of blaces that came with it. I have flipped them over once though.

remove ".invalid".
I had mine for 2 years and its working great for me, still on the first side of the orig blades. I may add a digital scale to it next year.