cedar and a stock tank

I want to create a bathtub out of a 2' x 2' x 6' stock tank. Lining it with cedar. How would I go about adhering the cedar to the metal stock tank. Making sure the tub was sealed and be able to easily clean the inside of the tub. Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Reply to
theinkpusher

If it was me I would make a tub or "bucket" to fit down in the stock tank, cover the whole thing with fiberglass, and let the weight of the cedar tub hold it in place. I don't think I would trust any wood or adhesive under those conditions my self. It seems like a lot of trouble for what would be an inferior bathtub in IMO. A solid cedar bathtub with out the stock tank would be real nice though.

Reply to
sweet sawdust

I wouldn't: If the cedar leaks, you've trapped water behind it long-term and even cedar will rot.

If the cedar doesn't leak, why do you need the metal tank?

Either take an apprenticeship in Japan and learn the appropriate joinery to make one without leaks, or else get down to a boat chandlers and stock up on _polyurethane_ mastic (Sikkaflex in Europe).

Reply to
Andy Dingley