Delta TP300 planer knife screws -- problems

I have the low end Delta TP300 Shopmaster planer, which has been sold in various forms for quite some time. It works fine for my meager needs.
I had to destroy over half the knife locking screws to get the blades out. Even after removing the blade holders several of the screws were frozen.
Anyone know if these are sold generically? I dread the idea of having to order these parts from Delta. They appear to be 8mm hex head cap screws, but the caps are "domed."
Also, there really isn't any corrosion in the blade holders so I can't figure out why these screws were so hard to get out. Any ideas?

You can dome the heads by putting them in your drill press or lathe chuck and using a file. Also, 8 mm. is not an adequate spec.- you also need to know the pitch in mm. Can't comment on screw tightness,other than pitch from the wood or threads being deformed by wood hitting the blades . Jim.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1165863130.025884.45580@ 80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

try amazon as well as smallparts.com or google for "socket head screws".