Stationary knife planer?

Yes. Hitachi super surfacer FA-700 & Makita Precision Planer model LP2501. There is an article about them in FWW's "On Woodworking Machines". Since the article dates back to the mid 80s, I have no idea whether they are still made or available.

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Was I dreaming or was it a certain batch of hydroponic lettuce that was affecting my mind at the time OR..

did I really see a picture of a planer with a diagonally mounted, stationary blade on top..and then it would shave the wood power fed underneath? Who made that beast? Did that knife oscillate?

Somebody clear that up for me, please?

0¿0

Rob---> who once knew that in order to titilate an ocelot, you need to oscillate its tit a lot.

Reply to
Robatoy

I believe Makita still makes one.

Alan