Delta Thickness planer questions

IDAGS, now somewhat confused.

I have a delta dc-380, I've honed the knives many times now, but I really need to take these out to sharpen. I'm inclined to get the planer jig for my Tormek, but now have reservations about hollow grinding. Any advise?

I was also reading though the manual on blade replacement/alignment, starting thinking of the magna-set (or planer pal) . Are these worth it? Are you getting good results using the jig that came with the planer? Anyone have recommendations?

Reply to
Nicky

I had a Delta a few years ago and the knife changes were very fast and accurate with a stupid little stamped steel jig that came with the unit. I was amazed at how easy and accurate it was. max

Reply to
max

If you've got the money for a Tormek jig, get it. I use my Makita, which gives a flat grind, but the hollow grind is about ease of honing, not edge, so makes no difference. I also use the spider that came with my Rockwell/Invicta 13 - the ancestor of yours - for blade setting, and it's quick, accurate, and even adjustable if it wasn't set up properly at the factory. Mine was, and still has the original locktite on the locknuts after 20 years.

Reply to
George