Delta planer knive gauge

I would like any recommendations for a good knive set-up gauge for a 12 inch Delta(Mastercraft) planer. This will be my first time changing the knives. I think a good jig would be better than what came with the unit.
Thanks.

Typically the jigs are pretty darn efficient. I'd give it a try before trying to reinvent the tool.